JUNE IS ADOPT A CAT MONTH! 5 REASONS WHY CATS MAKE GREAT PETS…….
A home isn’t complete without a cat! Contrary to some beliefs, cats make excellent pets, particularly for busy families. Here are 5 reasons why cats make great pets…
1. They are entertaining. Cats love to play! Pull out a laser pointer or a feather string toy, and watch the fun! Also, you can play with your cat from the comfort of your home, regardless of the weather!
2. They require less space than dogs. Don’t have a fenced yard? Living in an apartment? Cats are perfect! Cats can live quite happily indoors as long as you provide enrichment to keep them busy. Wondering how to provide enrichment to your indoor cat? Go to https://indoorpet.osu.edu/cats to learn more about the Indoor Pet Initiative.
3. Cats are clean. Cats are self-cleaning! Cats rarely if ever require bathing. Many cats enjoy brushing, which helps keep the coat healthy and remove loose hair, but overall, many cats are pretty much maintenance free.
4. One word. Purr. There are few sounds as soothing as a warm cat purring in your lap. Take my word on this one.
5. Cats are independent. While most cats enjoy the company and will happily spend time with you, they are also very content with their alone time. This makes them perfect for busy families and individuals. Coming home late? Weekend plans? Leave some food/water and a few clean litter boxes, and you are good to go!
There are so many more reasons why cats make great pets. Your local humane society has dozens of cats and kittens, just waiting for the perfect home. Why not consider opening your home and heart to one (or two! Kittens are amazing in pairs!) and see what you are missing!